Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Fresh Start

I am new to blogging and to frugality.  I am trying to turn my family's finances around so we can stop bleeding money.  I think I’m on the right track and if you would like to follow along, you are very welcome to observe, and even make your own decision to save a little money on your own.

 I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that it wasn’t that God should provide more, but that I should manage well what I had been given.  Even though it isn’t much it is my job to manage what there is, and I can do better.

I will set some goals, and give tips and share about how much I have saved.  I will try to set realistic goals so that it will inspire myself as well as you.  I think it will help me be accountable as well.

I will give all the glory to God, who helps me in all things and it is by Him that I am able to do anything at all.  He is the lifter of my head and the one who has given me strength , knowledge and a desire to please Him in all ways, but most recently by being a good steward of  the money he has given my family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful mentality to have, so true we are to be good stewards with our finances. Like the man with the talent who buried it he never received more but the man with the talent who invested it and used it wisely doubled his funds and received in abundance. You are helping us to look for the blessings in our daily lives with shopping challenges.Yes we will still face challenging situations but God will make a way out and bless what you put your hand to as you are using wisdom. thanks again for sharing these postings.

    ReplyDelete